Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Everyday Blessings


Next year will be my first year being labelled as in my "late thirties". Oh well, We cannot run away from our age. But we can always choose to be grateful for another year given to us. As I have aged and matured, I have come to appreciate more the everyday stuff that goes on in my life. It has become my therapy to enumerate the everyday blessings that I receive especially when I feel down. These are some of the things that I thank God for whenever gloominess visits me:

1. Sleeping comfortably on my own bed beside my husband and my son
2. Knowing that my parents are in the next room sleeping and their health is well
3. Being able to sleep soundly
4. Waking up and knowing that breakfast is about to come
5. Going to the mall without the fear of bombings
6. Having a job and enjoying the company of my office mates
7. Living close near to my job and have the luxury of going home during lunch break and see my son
8. A loving husband
9. A good relationship with my in-laws
10. Have friends that count
11. Being able to go to the beach any time I want
12. Being able to worship my God without fear of being beheaded.
13. Spending time with my son and seeing him grow everyday.
14. Seeing my parents happy every time they see their grandson.
15. Having parents and siblings who love me.

These are just some of the things that I am thankful for. Sometimes, we take the everyday blessings for granted because we want so much to experience great things and achieve great things. I give random thanks every time negativity starts to creep inside my mind. Try it because it has worked on my and I am much happier compared before.

6 comments: