Monday, August 12, 2013

First Solid Food

                My baby started eating solids two days ago. Since we currently have avocados, I gave him one bite sized avocado. I mashed it and diluted it with breastmilk. He loved it. He is being fed three times a day. Tomorrow, I will introduce mashed potato. I have been advised to introduce solids one at a time around 4-7 days interval before introducing another food. This is to know if the baby has allergic reactions to the foods introduced.


                He still has colds and his antibiotics will end tomorrow. He was immunized yesterday and he lost weight because one of the effects of antibiotics is frequent bowel movement. He also could not nurse properly because there are times that he has to breathe through his mouth. I hope he will get better soon so that he will gain more weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment