Thursday, February 18, 2010

facing your fear

Two of my greatest fears are speaking in public and attending a social event without knowing anyone. Tonight, I have conquered both of those fears. It was a liberating experience and I went home happy with my heart still beating fast because of nervousness. I have always wanted to join Toastmasters Club to improve my speaking ability. I always chickened out because of fear and not knowing anyone. I enjoyed the speeches and learned a lot. And the theme was so timely. It was about laughter. Most of the members are way older than me and all of them speak very well. I was asked to say a few words at the end of the session. I was caught off guard and honestly, I do not remember anymore what I said. I'm pretty sure I was not coherent. Nevertheless, they were very receptive when I told them of my intention to join the organization. I am looking forward next week for another adrenalin rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment