Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Blessing in Disguise


 I consider my almost one month stint in the hospital during my pregnancy until delivery a great blessing. Although my condition gave me and my family a fright because I might lose the child I was carrying, I believe it led us closer to God. My husband was supposed to go to Manila to be trained for a new employer  two days after  I was admitted to the hospital. His training will be for 2 months and after that, he will be assigned in Cagayan de Oro which is a 5-6 hour drive from where we live. He decided to cancel his new employment for he could not leave me in my condition. It was very risky because he already resigned from his current job. We just put our trust in God that HE will find a way. God is really so good because after a week of my stay in the hospital, another employer hired him for a sales position and his assignment is in our hometown and a vehicle is also provided for him. After that great news, a friend of my mom gave us financial assistance for our hospital bill. We both got teary eyed because we realized that God was with us the whole time.

       Giving birth via cesarean delivery was a scary experience for me.  I was awake the whole time and I could feel the tugging and pulling in my stomach area. But when I heard the first cry of my baby, it was all worth it. The many needles and internal exams that I went through during my hospital stay was negligible to the joy that I felt seeing my baby for the first time. He was so tiny when he came out yet all the nurses and doctors exclaimed on how loud his cry was. I was so grateful that my baby was normal.

       Sometimes, questionable things occur in our lives. We just have to give our full trust in the Lord because our ways are not His ways. God’s ways are always way better than ours. I would have preferred a normal pregnancy and delivery yet if I got my wish, my husband would be in Cagayan de Oro right now and we would only be seeing each other once or twice a month. God sees what we do not see and He knows what we do not know. It is better to trust our lives with the expert. After all, He is our creator.

1 comment: